Eating on a Budget
Supporting the community
We make lives better in the Highlands by providing tens of thousands of food packages a year to groups supporting families in need.
Providing help where it’s needed
In recent years the Scottish Highlands have been disproportionately affected by issues such as fuel and food poverty. We’re committed to making lives better in the Highlands by providing tailored support for families and individuals facing the challenge of eating well on a budget. Learn more about how we’re making a difference to the Highland community.
How we make a difference
New Start Highland works with groups across the Highlands to make food items available to groups who need it most and support people to make healthy, delicious food for themselves. Here are some of the ways we help:
- Food advice. Our cookery coach can offer helpful advice on what types of foods to eat to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Slow cookers. We provide slow cookers to those in need helping them cook healthy, nutritious food simply.
- Recipe books. We provide free recipe books to help individuals and families eat healthily.
- Cookery training. Gain access to cookery training and resources to help you and your family eat well on a budget.
- Food budgeting. It’s not always easy to know the best foods to buy. Our cookery coach can provide support when it comes to food budgeting.
- We sell affordable cooking equipment. We sell a range of cooking utensils and equipment through our shops. Visit our Shops page to find out more.
Highland Food Hub
The Inverness-based Food Hub supplies a large number of community groups across the Highlands with vital food supplies, for local distribution.
How you can help
If you or your business would like to contribute food or goods to the Highland Food Hub, please get in touch with our team at [email protected].
Our Support ServicesView all
Energy on a budget
Find out how we're helping people heat their homes efficiently and safely.
Employability Skills & Training
Find out how we are supporting people to gain new skills and qualifications to get into work.
Find out how we're helping people can make their houses, homes, with donations of goods from the local community.