1. Definitions and Interpretation
means a small file placed on your computer or device by our site when you visit certain parts of our site and/or when you use certain features of our site;
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 [and, where applicable, the UK GDPR];
means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Data Protection Legislation”); and
means New Start Highland.
2. Information About Us
Our site is operated by New Start Highland. We are a Charity, Scottish Charity No. SC 029635 and Company Limited by Guarantee registered in Scotland under company number No. SC 213206 . Our registered address and main trading address is 9 Carsegate Road North, Inverness IV3 8DU.
Our VAT number is 895 3265 83.
Our Data Protection Officer is Mairi Macaulay and can be contacted by email at [email protected] by telephone on 01463 715615, or by post at New Start Highland, 9 Carsegate Road North, Inverness IV3 8DU
We are regulated by the Care Inspectorate.
By using our site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us.
- All Cookies used by and on our site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of our site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
- Analytics Cookies: It is important for us to understand how you use our site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping us to improve our site and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies: Functionality Cookies enable us to provide additional functions to you on our site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies: It is important for us to know when and how often you visit our site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make our site and advertising more relevant to your interests. [Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties.]
- Third Party Cookies: Third party Cookies are not placed by us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on our site, or by third parties providing analytics services to us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).]
- Persistent Cookies: Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit our site.
- Session Cookies: Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit our site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
4.Consent and Control
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
6. Further Information
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following: