Donating to New Start Highland couldn’t be easier. We can accept most things that help make a house a home and we’ll collect your items for free!
Please note we can only take items which are in a fit condition to be sold or refurbished. Here is our suggestion list – if you’ve got something to donate that’s not here, it may still be useful, so phone us to discuss and to arrange a collection. Call 01463 715615 for Inverness and Lochaber, or 01847 890696 for Caithness and Sutherland.
- Kitchen: pots, pans, crockery, utensils, dining tables and chairs.
- Living Room: sofas*, chairs*, coffee tables, pictures and frames, carpeting (only new carpet), solid wood units, curtains*.
- Bedroom: beds, mattresses*, chests of drawers, dressing tables, bedside tables, wardrobes, bedding and towels.
- Office: desks, chairs, cabinets.
- Electrical items (small appliances): vacuum cleaners, fires, heaters, grills, steam cookers, (sorry, but we can’t accept gas appliances).
*We can only accept upholstered items if the original fire retardant label is attached. Fire labels are permanent and will be sewn into or stapled on to any external surface of the item, including underneath removable seating or cushions.